1. China Medical University (CMU) was established as China Medical College on June 6, 1958 and transformed itself into China Medical University in 2003.
2. One of the foremost universities in Taiwan for pursuing MBBS in China.
3. The first academic institution in Taiwan where medicine and pharmacy programs are provided.
4. It is MCI and WHO approved.
5. The Taichung international airport is located few kilometers away from the university. Bus services are also available from the airport.
6. China Medical University faculty consists of 448 professors, 676 associate professors, 205 tutors for doctor students and 562 tutors for master students, 2 members of Evaluation Group of Academic Degree Committee of the State Council, 4 directors and 11 vice-directors, 50 members of Standing Committee.
7. Indian curriculum is followed in collaboration with International Syllabus for the medical program.
8. The University offers the course in English medium
9. The China Medical University campus is located in the northern part of Taichung, close to the city centre. A second campus was established in Peikang in Yunlin County in 1958. The Taichung campus is comprised of the Life Teaching Building, the Medical Building, the Huchu Building, the Medical Technology Building, and four hospital buildings. The peikang Campus is comprised of the Teaching Building. the Activity Centre and Halls of Residence, in addition to Matsu Teaching Hospital.
10. The China Medical University library was established in 1958, located in Life Education Building on Taichung campus with a collection of over 300,000 volumes. The library makes current relevant information available to patrons in both print and electronic formats, with special emphasis on Chinese medicine. The collection covers health, medical sciences and related health-care issues and concepts. Thousands of off-site electronic journals and eBooks can also be accessed.