National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduates (NEET PG) courses. The government of India and Medical Council of India together has decided to lower the NEET PG qualifying cutoff. The exam is held on national level once in a year. The medium of paper is English. Duration is approximately of 3 hours 30 minutes.
The NEET PG Eligibility Criteria for candidates appearing in the post graduate examination is listed below:
• Indian National and Foreign National Candidates are eligible to apply.
• The candidate must have a valid MBBS degree obtained from a MCI recognized medical institution.
• The candidate must complete his internship before 31st March 2019.
• The candidate must have a permanent or provisional medical registration certificate issued by MCI or State Medical Council (SMC). This certificate must be carried during the exam and admission process.
• Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS degree from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% AIQ.
• All India 50% Quota (All states except Jammu & Kashmir).
• All India state Quota seats (Admission in Government medical colleges, including Jammu & Kashmir).
• MD/MS/PG Diploma seats in private medical colleges/universities.
• DNB Courses broad specialty.
The authority issues admit card after allocating venue to the candidates during online registration.
Candidates can download the NEET PG admit card through online mode.
Candidates have to paste their latest passport size photograph in the space given in the admit card.
The photograph must have printed the Name and date on which the photo was taken.
A valid photo Id proof must be carried with the admit card.
This Id proof can be one of the following:
• Voter Id
• Pan Card
• Aadhaar Card
• Driving License
Candidate will also have to carry their permanent or provisional MCI/SMC certificate with them for verification.
The following details are mentioned in the NEET PG Admit Card:
• Candidate name
• Candidate date of birth
• Exam date and timings
• Reporting time
• Exam duration
• Address of the exam center
• Instructions regarding exam
Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted online (CBT).
Number of Questions: A total of 300 questions will be asked.
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s).
Medium: The question paper will be of English language.
Duration of the examination: The duration of the exam is of 3 hours 30 minutes.
Marking scheme: For each correct answer, four marks will be given to the candidate.
Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted as a negative marking for each wrong answer.
Here are some NEET PG preparation tips:
• Make a schedule that gives ample time to study and revise.
• Prepare in accordance to important subjects.
• Make notes and highlight the important topics of each subject.
• Take a look at last year sample papers.
• Always study from the regular books instead on wasting time on too many guide books.
• Practice for mock tests to know an online test pattern.
The cutoff is released after the declaration of result. It is published through online mode. The cutoff is the qualifying marks which candidates have to score to get admission in PG courses.
To register for NEET PG examination a candidate first have to submit the following details before filling the application form:
• Date of birth
• Mobile no.
• Email id
After registration a candidate is able to fill an application form for NEET PG examination.
Some important points to look before filling an application form for NEET PG:
• To fill the application form, visit the official website of National Board of Examination (NBE).
• Aadhaar is mandatory to fill NEET PG 2019 application form.
• Click on the new registration link.
• Read all the instructions carefully.
• Fill the registration form properly to obtain login details.
• The applications can only be submitted through online mode.
• At the time of filling the form, candidates have to submit their scanned photograph and signature.
• Candidates are not allowed to fill more than one application form.
• Candidates have to choose the city in which they want to take the exam.
• Candidate must take a printout of the application form for future references.
The MCI with the consultation of Board of Governors has decided to reduce the qualifying percentile for NEET PG by 6% for the academic year 2019-2020.
Minimum qualifying criteria for general category is 44 percentile.
Minimum qualifying criteria for SC/ST/OBC is 34 percentile.
Minimum qualifying criteria for Persons with Disability is 39 percentile.
The Medical Counseling Committee MCC has released the seat allotment result of NEET PG 2019, Counseling for round-2. The NBE Conducted the exam on December 30, 2019 for admission of a candidate in PG courses such as MD/MS/PG Diploma courses. The result as you know will be declared through the National Board of Examination website. The marks will be declared online which can be downloaded easily.
The NEET PG merit list for all India 50% quota will be released separately by the Nat. Board website with NEET PG All India Rankings. Candidates who clear NEET PG will be called for further counseling by MCC and SMC. The role of NBE is to conduct the NEET PG examination, declaration of result and providing NEET PG rank.
• Community Health Admin
• Emergency Critical Care
• Family Medicine
• Forensic Medicine
• General Medicine
• General Surgery
• Nuclear Medicine
• Obst Gynae
• Palliative Medicine
• Radio Therapy
• Radio Diagnosis
• TB Respiratory Diseases
• Transfusion Medicine
• Hospital Administration
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has started the mock test facility for the candidates to make them familiar with the NEET PG examination. This facility is introduced to make sure that the candidates are well aware of the pattern and mode of examination.
The question which appears in the mock test taken by NBE is not going to be repeated in the entrance test. It is just taken with the purpose of practice for the NEET entrance examination. The mock test will be free of cost. Candidates can give the mock test directly through the official website of NBE.
NEET PG Eligibility for Foreign Candidates
It is not mandatory for foreign national candidates to have a registration with MCI at the timing of NEET PG Exam. Foreign Nationals can write NEET PG without any registration.
• NEET PG is an entrance exam which is mandatory for a medical student in order to pursue his post graduation course/diploma.
• Every year more than 1 Lac students appear for this examination in order to continue their career in the medical field.
• A candidate after completing his basic medical education (MBBS) from India or abroad is eligible to appear in this exam.
• All the information about NEET PG will be made available online on the official website of National Board of Examinations (NBE).
• Before appearing in the NEET PG, a candidate must check details about the following terms:
NEET PG exam date – Check out the exam date online released by National Board of Examinations
Registration – Register online to give the exam of NEET PG.
Application form – Fill application form online, make payment and choose the city for examination.
Eligibility criteria – Check the eligibility criteria above.
Full syllabus – Start preparation according to full syllabus.
Exam pattern – Check the exam pattern on our website.
Admit card – Check whether admit card is released or not.
Result – Check for the result online through the official website of NBE.
Merit list – Check the merit list online released on the prescribed date.
Cut off – Cut off is released by NBE through its official website.
• NEET PG is a single session exam conducted in a single day.
• This exam is a national level qualifying examination.
• The exam is taken for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma courses in various medical colleges.
• This test is computer based test (CBT).
• Candidates can download admit card to appear in the examination center.
Candidates are able to choose examination city in which they want to take the test at the time of filling the application form.
The choice of city will depend on the availability of the seats in the test centers of a particular city. The allotment for the candidates will be done on first come first serve basis for NEET PG exam.
• During the submission of applications, a candidate can only see those cities where the seats are available.
• After choosing the city for examination, NBE will allot the test center automatically in the chosen city.
• However, the authorities will make all the efforts to allot a nearest exam center corresponding to candidate’s address.
• Exam center address will be indicated on the NEET PG admit card.
• Request for change in test center or city will not be entertained.